Saturday, December 24, 2011

My acura integra wont start please help?

My acura wont start, I have a brand new starter and battery. And a tune up new spark plugs and everything. It goes to start but never does. I checked the fuses and thats not the problem either. Someone told me that its the ignition coil but Im not sure. Please help.|||When you first tried to start it, did it start and then die right away? I have a 1993 Integra and a lot of the time when it's warm outside, it will turn on and then die right away. This is a huge issue with early '90s Hondas (my bro has had 5 Hondas that were model years 90-95 and all but one did it). When that happens, I wait a few minutes (DO NOT keep trying right away or you'll burn out the starter), and the next few times I try, it doesn't start at all, and then it works on about the 7th try. The problem is with the main fuel relay and it's a $30 part. The solder joint in it gets warm and cools off every time you use the car and over the years the solder joint gets weak. I don't know if this is your problem, but if you think it might be (if it turns on and then dies right away), just keep trying to start it every few minutes, and if it continues to not work, you can fix the main fuel relay. Hope this helps|||Make sure the battery cords are tight on their posts, not loose.





I had a problem similar to this and I needed a new distributor, because the O-rings to the distributor were old and they let oil leak into the distributor and it shorted out the transistor circuits in there. Had to get new distributor, cap, wires, rotor and spark plugs. $800 tune up, so to speak...Does your car eat oil but none is on the ground? Might be going down the side of the motor, burning off and some going into the distributor.





My car is 1994 Mitsubishi Expo. It would sometimes race, other times no pick up and trying to adjust it by pressing quickly up and down on the gas petal wouldn't work. Then it would not start at a convenience store. Fist someone said maybe the throttle position sensor and/or mass air flow sensor, but someone else said yeah, but it doesn't even turn over, so it couldn't be that. That's when they came up with the distributor.

No comments:

Post a Comment